WHO ARE WE?
In the autumn of the year 2013, Friends of Camiño Portuguese in Ames and Teo Association (ASCAMPOR) was established. The Association is a private non-profit association that sets its objectives in the dissemination of:
- The pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.
- The Saint James Way.
From the collaboration of the Association with the parish in the attention to the pilgrims is born the social project Albergue Milladoiro.
More information about the Association ASCAMPOR can be found in
The Albergue Milladoiro is blessed by the Hon. and Rvdmo. Mr. Archbishop of Santiago de Compostela on March 10, 2017.
OBJECTIVES OF THE MILLADOIRO HOSTEL
- Christian welcome to the pilgrims.
- Spiritual attention to those who wish it.
- Financially finance the social project linked to it.
CONCRETE ACTIONS OF THE MILLADOIRO HOSTEL
- Inclusion of people at risk of social exclusion.
- Integration and weighting of people with disabilities.
- Promote youth employment.
- Give space and possibility to volunteering.
- Enhance the autonomy of people in therapeutic processes.
Today we work with people linked to the SARELA Association (Association of Cerebral Damage of Compostela), to ASPAMITE Association (Association of Parents of People with Functional Diversity of Teo), people with autism, Feitizo Association, deaf people, people at risk of social exclusion, young people in search of employment, …
FINANCING OF THE MILLADOIRO HOSTEL
This social project is financed with the income generated by the overnight stays of the pilgrims staying in this hostel.
By staying at Albergue Milladoiro, you help make this project a reality.